Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gray & Davis, Ltd Review

The service is fantastic and Bernard and Gray have both excellent taste and amazing patience.  My fiance bought my engagement ring from Bernard and Gray.  In the limited conversations we had before he bought it all I really knew was that I wanted something with a past.  He found these two, and bought the most beautiful ring.  My first experience with them was to have my ring sized.  Having never sized a ring before I was pretty terrible at knowing what to do, and Bernard and Gray were amazing with getting me through it.

When it came time to buy our wedding bands we went back to the dynamic duo.  My fiance found the perfect band amidst their beautiful vintage collection, and they did an excellent job of modifying my mother's band so that I could wear it.  These two are a wonderful pair, and their shop is filled with treasures.  We will be sure to go back for any fine jewelry purchases in the future!

I brought a vintage ring to 47th Street in the hopes of using it as a trade-in for an engagement ring. Bernard Cohen at Gray & Davis was the only person who gave it an honest appraisal. Other stores offered me a one or two hundred bucks or waved me away in disgust when I would not name my price (or named one they deemed too high). I wound up putting it on consignment at G&D and pocketing over $1K. Cohen's expert eye saw the value and beauty of the ring. More importantly, he treated me fairly and with respect. He also provided me great advice and feedback on my purchase of the engagement ring even though I did not purchase it from G&D

15 W 47th St
#1
(between 5th Ave & Avenue Of The Americas)
New York, NY 10036
Neighborhood: Midtown West
(212) 719-4698

No comments:

Post a Comment